Yoga is the school of exercises which help maintain physical, mental, nervous and spiritual health of a person.
The nervous system is a complex network of nerves and cells that carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord to various parts of the body.
Image Courtesy - http://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-the-Nervous-System.aspx
Yoga Asanas for the Nervous System
- Balasana (Child’s Pose) – [Pronunciation: Baal-aa-suh-naa]
- Halasana (Plow Pose) – [Pronunciation: Ha-laa-suh-naa]
- Ardha Matsyendrasana (Seated Spinal Twist Pose) – [Pronunciation: Ar-dha Mat-syen-draa-suh-naa]
- Anulom – Vilom (Alternate Nostril Breathing) – [Pronunciation: A-nu-lo-m Vee-lo-m]
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Down Dog Pose) – [Pronunciation: Ad-ho Mu-kh-o Swaa-naa-suh-naa]
- Dirgha Shwasan (Deep Breathing) – [Pronunciation: Deer-gha Shw-aa-sa-n]
- Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle Pose) – [Pronunciation: Soop-ta Bad-dha Kon-aa-suh-naa]
- Viparit Karani Asana (Upside Down Seal Pose) – [Pronunciation: Vee-pa-reet Ka-ra-nee Aa-suh-naa]
- Shavasana (Corpse Pose) – [Pronunciation: Sh-vaa-suh-naa]
- Anand Balasana (Happy Chld’s Pose) – [Pronunciation: Aa-nan-da Baal-aa-suh-naa]
Benefits of Yoga
Happiness is a form of Health that can be magnified by Yoga. Happiness is associated with mental health and physical health. Both are connected to the well-being of the Nervous System. The nervous system affects the whole body. A well rounded nervous system enables one to remain level headed in stressful and difficult situations.
Asanas in Yoga helps in cleansing of Neurons. The cleansing helps the nervous system to react systematically and carefully in any situation. Yoga helps to relax the body in stressful situations and negative symptoms during an adrenaline rush are suppressed.
Yoga activates the PNS or “rest and digest” mechanism of the body. Parasympathetic Activation is the base state of body, brain and mind. PNS reduces blood pressure and lowers heart beat and breathing.
Sympathetic Activation increases response to situations. Vigorous Yoga followed by relaxation leads to deeper relaxation of the whole body.
Yoga reduces Cortisol which is harmful to the body.
Yoga rewires and re-networks your nervous system bring about a balance in mind and body.
|Share On :|
No Any Comment For This Blog.